Chandigarh is the Union Territory of the country that is located in the Northern part of the country. Chandigarh has well-developed infrastructure and relatively low population density. The city of Chandigarh has more than 50 rectangular sectors, which are separated from one another by broad streets carrying the city’s fast-moving arterial traffic.
Chandigarh bus stand
The main government building or offices of the city are located in the northern part of the city. In the southeast of the city are industrial areas, separated from the residential sectors by a greenbelt planted with mango trees. Among Chandigarh’s principal industries are pharmaceuticals, electrical appliances, ceramic plumbing fixtures, and electronics. There are three bus stands that are located in the Tricity out of which two are in Chandigarh which are ISBT sector 43 and sector 17 and one bus stand is situated in Mohali. All these bus stands offer convenient and easy services to local residents and travelers.
Chandigarh is a place that never failed to amaze people with its well-planned strategies. The authorities put their best efforts to make sure that the functionality of the city beautiful remains unaffected. One such strategy that help Chandigarh to become more organized was to come up with the thought of Sector 43 Bus Stand Chandigarh. For a number of years, the locals and interstate buses were running from
the one and only Chandigarh Bus Stand in Sector 17. Although, with time, the need to decongest the traffic was felt and that is when the administration planned to construct a new bus stand that is ISBT 43.
Chandigarh Sector 43 Bus Stand
The ISBT of sector 43 in Chandigarh became operational in 2008 and with the idea of shifting both local and interstate serves to ISBT 43. Although, with the delay in the construction of the bus stand, the plan was stopped and later it was decided that both bus stands will remain operational and there will be spilled traffic between the two bus stands. The buses for Haryana, Punjab and Uttrakhand via Ponta Sahib, Himachal, Jammu and Kashmir, etc go their base in ISBT sector 43 bus stand, while buses for all the other locations are still be boarded from Sector 17 Bus Stand.
- The Chandigarh transport undertaking is taking care and managing of all the affairs of the Chandigarh Sector 43 Bus Stand.
- Chandigarh ISBT sector 43 has more than 25 bays for the ease of travelers.
- In Chandigarh, it is a separate bus stand for local as well as interstate buses to avoid any confusion among travelers.
- ISBT Sector 43 Chandigarh has a two-story building, with all the public facilities such s ATM, a cafe and there is s police check post to lodge for an overnight stay, everything is available at Sector 43 Bus Stand. The ISBT sector 17 bus stand also has a cloakroom facility for the ease of passengers.
- The best part of this bus stand is its location, as this bus stand is located just opposite the judicial academy and thus is equipped with 24-hour security
- The ISBT sector 42 bus stand is operated 24 hours. Although, the number of buses running after 8 to various states may fall.
- This bus stand is open for all kinds of private, CTU, Non-air conditioned and air-conditioned buses.
- There is ample parking space in the same vicinity and Section 42 Bus STand also has provisions for those who park their private vehicle on daily bases to commute to their job in various states.
- The transport facility is also available at the bus -stand such as rickshaws, cabs and auto-rickshaws in front of the ISBT sector 43 throughout the day.
- The CTU has also come up with an application where you can check the schedule of all the local buses in Chandigarh.
- The ISBT 43 in Chandigarh is a well-maintained bus stand and is always on an improvement spree for the convenience and ease of the passengers. If you have any queries then you feel to contact the query encounter that is located at the bus stand.
- The timings for the inquiry are from 5 in the morning to 9 at the night.
The first phase of the Sector 42 bus stand has been complete and the following routes have been shifted to the new bus stand-
- Chandigarh to Ropar, Baij Nath, Talwara, Dharamshala, Una, Jawalji.
- Chandigarh to Landran, Chuni, Sirhind.
- Chandigarh to Nawa Shahr, Jalandhar, Shahot, Amritsar, etc.
- Chandigarh to Kullu Manali and Mandi.
- Chandigarh to Hoshiarpur, Jammu, Katra, Nagar, Pathankot and Dinna.
Chandigarh ISBT Sector 17 Bus Stand
The ISBT sector 17 has always been a part of the Union Territory and around 2007 looking at the hustle of sector 17, it was decided to shift the entire bus stand to sector 42 bus stand. But with the delay in construction and no evident plane for the sector 27 bus stand, it was decided to split the traffic rather than shift the entire bus base. The speculation was that the vacant sector 12 bus stance may invite squatters and may cause chaos in the city. Thus, it was planned that all the buses traveling via Ambala have to be boarded from sector 17. For the rest of the buses traveling to Haryana and Punjab, the bus base was shifted to ISBT sector 43.
The location of the ISBT sector 17 bus stand in Chandigarh is a plus point. Its proximity to all the tourist spots such as Rose Garden, shopping plaza sector 17 and the famous sector 22 market of Chandigarh is minimal. ISBT sector 17 in Chandigarh is located just opposite the huge market of sector 17. For the convenience and ease of travelers, there is a subway through which pedestrians can walk easily. ISBT sector 17 is set up in an area of 15.26 acres and the cleanliness of the busts stand is given on contract. There are two underground scooters, motorcycle and cycle parking having a covered area of 2.05 acres that is offered for the convenience of the public.
- There is a sufficient number of shops selling various commodities and a restaurant that is run by CITCO offers quality food at reasonable rates for travelers.
- There is also a waiting room with a seating capacity of 20 persons for public convenience.
- The ISBT sector 17 also has a railway reservation at economic rates,
- ISBT sector 17 in Chandigarh has separate for local as well interstate buses.
- Interstate buses are available 24 hours but the number of buses may reduce after 9 at the night.
- ISBT sector 17, as well as ISBT sector 43 bus stand, are managed and run by Chandigarh transport undertaking. The workshop of CTU is located in the industrial area of Chandigarh.
- There is a parade ground that is adjoining the bus stand in sector 17.
- There is also a round-the-clock working facility available with the provision of a monthly pass for daily customers.
- ISBT sector 17 has a number of cafes, restrooms, book shops, ATMs and washrooms.
- The railway station of Chandigarh is around 7 km from the ISBT sector 17 and the airport is around 10 km from the ISBT sector 17.
- There is also a cloakroom facility for the ease of long-distance travelers.
- During the time of the pandemic, the famous Anaaj Mandi of Chandigarh which is located in sector 26 got shifted to the sector 17 bus stand.
- The ISBT sector 17 is the host of all types of private, Volvo, Non- air-conditioned, air conditions and CTU buses.
- The structure of the ISBT sector 17 has gone old but the CTU is trying its best to offer quality services to all the nonresidents as well as residents of the city.
- If you have any query then you feel to contact the Station supervisor from 9 in the morning to 5 in the evening.
- You can also download the CTU application to get a details schedule of local buses.
Online booking of tickets from Chandigarh Bus Stand to other destinations?
The Chandigarh Transport Undertaking (CTU) offers online booking and information services. The services “Online Buse Reservation Monitoring System (OBRMS)”, mobile applications “CTU Musafir” and “CTU Conductor” were launched by the Union Territory Transport Secretary. The Chandigarh Transport Undertaking (CTU) operated 167 interstate buses on 51 routes in the states of Punjab, Himachal Pradesh, Haryana, Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand and the National Region besides the Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir. So, you can book online tickets from the origin station to the end station, with no reservation charges. You can book your online tickets 10 days in advance and one hour before the scheduled departure. You can also “Track the Bus”, give their feedback and register grievances.
Mohali Bus Stand
The Mohali Bus Stand has always been a dream projector Shiromani Akali Dal Government. From the layout of the bus stand to the infrastructure is a treat to watch, as it has all the modern facilities and is designed keeping in mind the comfort of the travelers. The ISBT Mohali is one of its kind in the Tricity of Chandigarh, Mohali and Panchkula which looks more like a shopping complex. Mohali bus stand is a 300-crore project that was inaugurated in 2016 by the deputy chief minister of the time Shri, Sukhbir Singh Badal.
- Mohali bus stand is one of the air-conditioned state bus termini. This bus stand is equipped with all the modern technology and infrastructure that the old phase 8 Mohali bus stand always lacked. It is said that the amenities such as online ticketing, cyber cafe and tourist information booths will be provided in the proximity.
- Mohali bus stand is named after the Sikh General Baba Banda Singh Bahadur and the bus stand is designed and constructed in a way to facilitate around 2000 buses in a day.
- Mohali bus stand has a provision to park around 90 to 95 buses over the night. The bus stand is to facilitate and enhance the connectivity to the adjoining states of Jammu and Kashmir, Punjab and Haryana.
- Mohali Bus Stand will also have 20 stories adjoining buildings for shopping malls and office spaces.
- The main objective of the ISBT Mohali Bus Stand is to offer accessibility, efficiency and convenience to travelers. It also aims at making the bus stand easily accessible to different tables persons.
- Although, even after six years of the inauguration, the operations are still under halt. Still, the expectation is high from this technology-equipped bus stand.
Chandigarh Bus stand Timetable
Best Cafes in Chandigarh: (Coffee, Outdoor & Romantic) Live Music
ISBT 43 Chandigarh to Dehradun Bus: Timings, Price (Best Places)
Chandigarh to Kasauli (Bus & Train) Timings, Fare & Route 2022