Chandigarh is one of the fascinating cities in India with its alluring diversity. Chandigarh is a city beautiful close to everyone’s heart for several reasons. It is not only famous for its well-planned architecture but also its cleanliness and greenery. Chandigarh has a number of beautiful places to explore including Sukhana Lake which is a famous tourist destination. In Chandigarh, you will get pleasure from the seafaring and scenic beauty, particularly throughout sunset.
Manali to Chandigarh Bus
Chandigarh is domestically referred to as the city beautiful is needless to say a spectacular city that is set within the foothills of the Shivalik hills. It is the capital city of both Haryana and Punjab and thus sees an amalgamation of cultures of both the sister states. Chandigarh has its charm whilst being the first planned city in India. Chandigarh subtly links contemporaneity with a touch of history and a variety of those options nonetheless alien to a variety of Indian cities.
If you like long walks and everything organized or you have a thing with blue skies with mesmerizing mountains in a backdrop sitting on some serene lakeside and if you want to see a different side of the country then yes this place is for you. Just like any other northern city of India that is located in the plains, Chandigarh enjoys moderate weather.
The summer season starts from May and you will get pretty harsh by the end of the month and in June.
The utmost temperature throughout now settles in between from 37 degrees Celsius to 40 degrees Celsius which makes stepping out for tourists quite an arduous task. With a mean downfall on the brink of 600 millimeters throughout now, the Monsoon brings nice relief for the locals reeling below intense heat. This comfort is short-lived because of increasing humidity and day temperatures range between 28 degrees Celsius to 35 degrees Celsius.
However once a recent spell of rain, this read of the town is breathless, with greens grass and trees having been dusted off with a splash of water. With a touch of cool air within the atmosphere, this is often a perfect time of the year to get pleasure from the read of the Shivalik Hills from Sukhana Lake. The time beings from September and lasts till October, this time attracts a number of tourists as the weather is pleasant throughout the day.
Distance from Manali to Chandigarh By Bus
The distance from Manali to Chandigarh is about 307 km that can be covered in approximately 8 and half hours. The route between Manali to Chandigarh is certainly one of the most famous ones that are in the northern part of the country. On your trip from Manali to Chandigarh, you will expertise the dynamic landscape from passing through pine forests and mountains to the plush inexperienced farms and fields of Punjab.
Manali to Chandigarh Bus Price HRTC
The fares for different types of buses from Manali to Chandigarh vary between Rs 625 to Rs 1550 depending on the bus category and operator.
Route 1- Manali to Chandigarh via NH 3
This is the quickest and shortest route to hide Manali to Chandigarh distance and most renowned vice travelers. you may realize regular Manali to Chandigarh road traffic on this route however it will intense throughout the high season or holidays. Before you travel you should check for live traffic updates or real-time maps to get a better idea of Manali to Chandigarh road conditions. Places come on this route as Manali> Naggar> Kullu> Mandi> Bilaspur> Nalagarh> Chandigarh.
Famous places along the way Manali to Chandigarh Bus
- Chandrakhani Pass- Chandrakhani Pass is the highlight of the Kullu district of Himachal Pradesh, it is a mountain pass, is a lush green enclave of alpine forests and gurgling streams. On your way from Manali to Chandigarh, you should also stop at the ancient Naggar Castle, one of the significant sites of Himachal’s history.
- Great Himalayan National Park- This is a wildlife sanctuary that is quite famous because of its rich biodiversity and houses exotic Himalayan flora and fauna. You can take the road towards Shoja from Mando and you can also be a stopover from night and camp.
- Prashar Lake – Prashar Lake is one of the most famous tourists destinations in Himachal Pradesh. This crystal clear lake is located at the height of 9000 feet above sea level. To reach this lake you have to do is take a few miles off the highway at Mandi and it is also a noteworthy base for long treks to the upper ranges of the Himalayas. You can also capture the spectacular views of Dhauladhar, Pir Panjal and the Kinnaur mountain ranges from the lakeside.
- Gobind Sagar- Gobind Sagar is located in Bilaspur and to reach this tranquil lake you have to detour from Bilaspur junction and head towards Zakatkhana, where the lake tapers into the Sutlej and you can travel ahead towards westward to reach the banks of the lake.
- Ropar Wetlands- Ropar Wetlands are simply outside Chandigarh town and you will realize this vast patch of wetlands that are in biodiversity. within the winter season, this becomes the nesting ground of migratory birds and once the rains, you will realize tortoises at these wetlands.
Route 2- Manali to Chandigrah via NH 154 and NH 3
This is an extended route in distinction to the previous one. You will most likely experience some traffic on these highways and thus making it a slower route. However, you must rely on live traffic updates before you travel and find a higher plan of the Manali Chandigarh road condition. Places come on this route as Manali> Kullu> Mandi> Barmana> Dharampur> Chandigarh.
Famous monuments or sights along this route
- Chandrakhani Pass
- Great Himalayan National Park
- Kasauli- You can take a detour to visit one of the classic and peaceful places of Himachal Pradesh. With nature trails, mountains views and quaint rural communities, Kasauli is as scenic and peaceful as it can get.
- Kalka- Shimla Railway- Kalka-Shimla Railway is the highlight of Kalka and it is a single gauge mountain railway that looks like a toy train and makes the views picture perfect. The town also has a rail museum and housing historical memorabilia.
- Pinjore Gardens-Pinjore Gardens has placed right outside the sides of Sukhna life Sanctuary and there’s ar superbly improved gardens with terraced land, fountains and topiary. The Mughal-inspired design dotting the world makes it even a lot of lovely and attention-grabbing.
Manali to Chandigarh Bus Timings
The first bus departs at 8 am from Manali and the last bus leaves at 9.30 pm for Chandigarh. Some of the most famous bus operators on the route from Manali to Chandigarh are Prabh Tour, Laxmi Holidays, Royal Holidays Volvo, Ram Dalal Travels and Himgiri Adventure Tours. The total time taken varies from 7 hours 30 minutes to 11 hours. The fares for different types of buses vary between Rs 625 to Rs 1550 depending on the bus category and operator.
Bus timings from Manali to Chandigarh
Bus service Duration Bus type Departure Bus Fare
- HRTC 9 hours Himsuta AC Volvo/ Scania 2+2 21:oo hrs Rs 1146
- HRTC 10 hours and 50 minutes Himsuta AC Volvo/ Scania 2+2 09:00 hrs Rs 1146
- HRTC 9 hours and 40 minutes Ordinary 21:30 hrs Rs 654
- HRTC 9 hours and 30 minutes Ordinary 20:30 hrs Rs 654
- HRTC 10 hours and 30 minutes Ordinary 18:30 hrs Rs 654
- HRTC 10 hours and 35 minutes Ordinary 12:40 hrs Rs654
- HRTC 9 hours and 55 minutes Ordinary 15:45 hrs RS 654
- HRTC 9 hours and 20 minutes Ordinary 20:10 hrs Rs 624
- HRTC 10 hours and 32 minutes Ordinary 09:28 hrs Rs 654
- HRTC 11 hours Ordinary 16:15 hrs Rs 624
- City Land Travels 9 hours and 30 minutes Volvo AC semi sleeper (2+2) 15:30 hrs Rs 888
- City Land Travels 8 hours and 30 minutes Volvo AC semi sleeper (2+2) 21:00 hrs Rs 888
- Laxmi Holidays 9 hours and 30 minutes Volvo AC semi sleeper (2+2) 19:00 hrs Rs 799
- R.S Yadav Travels 8 hours and 50 minutes Volvo Ac semi sleeper (2+2) 17:51 hrs Rs 899
- Mahadev Travels 7 hours and 30 minutes Volvo AC multi Axle semi sleeper 18:00 hrs Rs 1299
Best places to visit in Chandigarh
Here we are giving you a list of some of the most renowned historical places in Chandigarh that will make your Chandigarh trip more memorable than you could imagine. Without taking any more time let us begin the list-
1. Sukhna Lake- Sukhna Lake is a gorgeous lake that is located at the foothill of the Shivalik Range. This lake is one of the famous tourist destinations in Chandigarh. Sukhna Lake will be a great place to stroll by in the morning or evening. You may realize music being competed throughout the morning or evening keeps your earphones packed and soak all of your senses within the fantastic thing about nature. This lake is the most picturesque location in Chandigarh. A man-made stretched across 3 km and one of its kind acts as an ideal place for joggers and walkers. S+Apart from all this, the lake acts as an ideal spot for picnics. If you are visiting Chandigarh along with your family this must get on the highest of our list for places to go to.
Location- Sector 1, Chandigarh 160001, India
Timings- You can visit this beautiful lake from 5 am to 9 pm on all days of the week.
Entry fee- There is no entry fee to visit this lake.
2. Rock Garden- The Rock Garden is one of the finest and best examples of the marvel of human creation using nature and natural resources. Simple tricks have been transformed into works of beauty. This place is an ideal place for a day out with your friends and family. The maze offers quite an amusement and you will get enough space to relax. This place is one of the famous tourist spots that are located in the city. You can enjoy sightseeing and capturing beautiful pictures here.
Location- Sector 1, Chandigarh 160001, India
3. Elante Mall- If you wish an area to buy in Chandigarh and need to induce the newest things from the simplest brands and there’s no higher place than the Elante Mall. It is the simplest shopping precinct in Chandigarh and boasts of all the most important brands and also the finest things. The mall is too much big and spacious. Escalators and elevators make it easier to check out the different levels. You will also get some fine restaurants to have a great sumptuous meal. You can enjoy shopping, eating and movie in Elante Mall.
Location- Industrial Area, Chandigarh, India