Manali to Shimla Bus, If you are making a list of the favorite and most visited tourist places of India then Shimla will be at the top of that list. Shimla is a small hill station that has enjoyed the status of being the favored one for almost 2 centuries now. Britishers arrived in Shimla in the early 1800s and liked the place so much that they declared it as their summer capital in 1864. They even took all the hassle of making a railroad to Shimla.
Manali to Shimla Bus
Shimla is additionally known as Simla and it’s the capital and also the largest town of the northern state of the country, Himachal Pradesh. Shimla gets its name from Shyamala Mata, an incarnation of the goddess Kali. There is a temple that is dedicated to the goddess and named Kali Baru temple that is situated near the Ridge. Shimla is fondly called the ‘Queen of the Hills’. Before independence, Shimla served as the summer capital of British India.
Once independent, it became the capital of Punjab so the capital of Himachal Pradesh once the state came into existence. Shimla is a desired destination for several people because it is ideal for all kinds of vacations, from honeymooners to adventure seekers to families, Shimla serves as a charming retreat for a large number of people. The breathtaking beauty and charm of this hills station have attracted countless filmmakers and cinematographers.
The former summer capital of the British still has its colonial-era charm by its beautiful historical churches and institutes such as Christ Church, Indian Institute of Advanced Study and many more. Shimla is incredibly well connected by road therefore obtaining here is not a difficulty. You never depend go too remote and the popular market of Shimla is ideal for an evening of shopping around. There is one more great reason is the vast choice of accommodation choices that are available in the town. In short, Shimla is a perfect destination to go to with family or friends and also for a quick weekend getaway.
Manali to Chandigarh Bus (Ticket, Price & Timings) Exact
Distance from Manali to Shimla by Bus
The distance from Manali to Shimla is about 250 km and this distance can be covered in 7 hours. Traveling from Manali to Shimla is one of the most famous routes for a road trip in India.
Route 1- Manali to Shimla via NH 205 and NH 3
The distance from Manali to Shimla in this route is around 250 km and takes around 8 hours to cover this distance. This is the shortest, fastest and the only designated route to travel from Manali to Shimla. Travelers also take this route and there is also light road traffic but you can expect high traffic on this route during peak tourist season that is from March to May or December. We advise you that before you travel you should always check for live traffic updates or use real-time maps to get an actual idea of Manali to Shimal road conditions. Places come on this route as Manali> Naggar> Kullu> Bhuntar> Aut > Mandi> Sundarnagar> Bilaspur> Shimla.
Famous places along the way Manali to Shimla Bus
The route from Manali to Shimla is scenic and it will make you stop at any of those places and experience-
- Naggar Castle- Naggar Castle is an ancient castle that is a must-visit place on the way from Manali to Shimla, castle is made with stones and solid timber, the 15th-century castle boats ethnic architecture. Although know it is a heritage hotel and the main castle is kept intact for visitors to explore. Naggar Castle is located in Naggar.
- Chandrakhani Pass- Chandrakhni Pass is one of the best highlights of Kullu has to be a lush enclave of alpine forests and gurgling streams.
- Pandoh Dam- Pandoh Dam is located a little outside Mandi town. To reach this dam you have to short term up a small hill to get a complete view of the fam and the surrounding landscape.
- Great Himalayan National Park- Great Himalayan National Park is famous for its rich biodiversity with exotic Himalayan flora and fauna and this is one of the most famous wildlife sanctuaries of the state of Himachal. To reach here you have to take the road towards Shoja from Mandi. You also can stop overnight and camp in the forests or try a day trek for which you can plan your itinerary.
- Prasher Lake- Parashar Lake is located on Mandi but a few miles off the highway at Mandi and you will land at the crystal clear lake which is located at 9000 feet above sea level. This is one of the famous bases for the long treks to the upper ranges of the Himalayas. You should not forget to capture spectacular views of Dhauladhar, Pir Panjal and the Kinnaur mountain range from the lakeside.
- Aut- Aut is a lesser-known small village that is located on the banks of the Beas River and this village is a cozy little hamlet. You can enjoy your time here by driving through the long, tunneled roads, getting a cup of tea or coffee along the way or just admiring the beautiful views.
- Gobind Sagar Lake- You ought to take a detour from Bilaspur junction to succeed in the water body. This lake is additionally the structure is that the Bhakra-Nangal dam, which may be best seen from the opposite aspect at Nangal. You can spend some quality time at this lakeside and can enjoy the beauty of nature with some cool and fresh air.
Manali to Leh (Ladakh) Bus : Ticket , Price & Timings (2022)
Manali to Shimla Bus Timings
The first bus departs from Manali to Shimla is operated by HRTC at 06.00 am and arrives in Shimla at 03.30 pm and the last bus leaves at 06.20 pm from Manali to Shimla. Some of the top operators that operate bus services from Manali to Shimla rea Tanishq Holidays Tours and HRTC. There are different types of buses that run from Manali to Shimla are AC Seater, Non AC Seater, AC and Non AC, Non AC. The bus fares vary between Rs 563 to 850 depending on the bus type and bus operator.
Bus operator Bus type Duration Departure time Bus Fare
1. HRTC Himmani Deluxe 2+2 Non Ac 9 hours and 30 minutes 06.00 am Rs 695
2. HRTC Ordinary 9 hours and 12 minutes 07.03 am Rs 563
3. HRTC Ordinary 10 hours and 10 minutes 09.20 am Rs 590
4. HRTC Himmani Deluxe 2+2 Non Ac 9 hours and 40 minutes 06.20 pm Rs 728
5. HRTC Ordinary 9 hours and 10 minutes 07.20 pm Rs 590
6. Tanishq Holidays Tour Non/ AC Push Back 2+2 9 hours and 30 minutes 08.30 am Rs 799
Things to do in Shimla
Do you want to make an itinerary that includes the best of experiences on the scenic hill station? Then here is a list of top things to do in Shimla and this list will help you to plan your trip.
1. Kalka-Shimla Toy Train Ride
Taking a ride on the Shimla Toy Train is one of the best ways to relive your childhood while soaking yourself in the beauty of Himachal Pradesh. This 2 feet and 6-inch narrow gauge railway go a number of the most effective landscapes, cedar tree and oak forests and quaint stations that appear frozen in time.
You have to put aside a few hours of your Shimla trip to enjoy this UNESCO World Heritage Site that is more than a century old. This 96 km train rode will take you by more than 100 tunnels and over 800 bridges and viaducts.
2. Shopping at Lakkar Bazzar-
If you are at the Ridge then you want to head over to the adjacent Lakkar Bazaar that is one of the most effective searching places that are settled in Shimla. The street market is famous for its carved wooden toys and curios that are made by the local Sikh community.
Apart from these quintessential Shimla souvenirs, you can also dig into the delicious snacks in the nearby eateries such as aloo tikkis and chole bhatures. Evenings and afternoons are the best time to experience the pulsating vibes of the market. The best time to visit Lakkar Bazar is from 9 am to 7 pm. You can buy wooden toys, walking sticks, pashmina shawls, woolen, Kullu shawls and handicrafts.
3. Chill Out at the Mall Road
Your Shimla trip will be incomplete without getting lost in the crowds and stalls of the Mall Road, recreational and commercial heart of Shimla. You can buy handicrafts and jewelry for books and souvenirs and you can also buy an amazing range of goodies from the Mall Road, Shimla. The tourist attractions in the vicinity are Scandal Point, Gaiety Theater and Town Hall.
Strolling around without aim on the Mall Road looking for bargains counts among the fun things to try to do within the city. the most effective time to explore the Mall Road, Shimla is from nine am to nine pm. The best time to explore the Mall Road, Shimla is from 9 am to 9 pm.
Chandigarh to Manali Tour Package (Bus/Cab) Starting @9000/-
4. Explore Johnnie’s Wax Museum
You should spend some time with historical figures, global sports icons, your favorite movie stars and other famous fictional characters and all are made of wax. Head over to Johnnie’s Wax Museum is one of the top places to visit in Shimla and it is a small venue that needs an hour or so to say hello to all the residents here including Mahatma Gandhi, Harry Potter, James Bond and Michael Jackson.
You must take a few selfies with your favorite icons and have a few laughs. This wax museum opens from 10 am to 10 pm on all days of the week. There is an entry fee of Rs 250 per person.
5. Go Trekking
Shimla is found within the middle of such a celebrated topography that produces this city a perfect base for moderate treks. You ought to take associate early begin that is best for one-day treks whereas there are choices for multi-day expeditions too, that are organized by native agencies.
Climb on the mountain trails, wander through orchards and thick alpine groves and enjoy the views of snow-capped peaks that accompany you wherever you go. Dhanu Devta Temple Trek, Kamna Devi Temple Trek, Chadwick Falls Trek, Churdhar Trek, Shimla-Jalori Pass Trek and Shali Tibba Trek are a number of the far-famed treks in and around the city.
6. Camping under the stars
Camping under the stars is one of the best things that you can do in Shimla. There are many campsites in and around Shimla and you can choose between high altitude spots, forests and valleys that are close to a stream or water source. Mashobra, Narkanda, Junga, Shogi and Kufri are some famous camping sites in Shimla.