ISBT 43 Chandigarh to Dehradun Bus, The weekend is the time that is aimed at providing you with the most accurate and best information on the destination that you wish to visit. We provide you with the best information which will help you to prepare for your next trip to Dehradun from Chandigarh by bus.
Dehradun is one of the oldest cities in India, this place lies between the foothills of the Himalayan mountain range to the north and the Shivalik mountains to the south. This city is located at an altitude of 435 meters above sea level and it doubles down as the capital of the northern state of Uttrakhand.
Dehradun is located in the Doon Valley which is nestled amid the river Yamuna on the west and the river Ganges on the east. Dehradun is popular for its picturesque landscape and milder climate and offers you a gateway to the surrounding region.
This place is well connected and in proximity to Himalayan tourist destinations such as Auli, Mussoorie and the Hindu holy cities like Haridwar and Rishikesh along with the Himalayan pilgrimage circuit of Chota Char Dham.
ISBT 43 Chandigarh to Dehradun Bus
Dehradun is a word that derives from two words “dera” meaning home and “doon” meaning valley which lies amid the Himalayas and the Shivalik range of the Himalayas. Dehradun is a place that was also mentioned in the two great epics Mahabharata and Ramayan. According to mythology, Dehradun is the birthplace of Dronacharya, the royal guru of Pandavas and Kauravas. Not only this, but the Pandavas had an influence on the city when they ruled Hastinapur.
It is also believed that Ram along with his brother Laxman came to the place after their defeated Ravana in the epic battle. After the independence of the country, Dehradun and other parts of Kumaon and Garhwal were integrated with the United Provinces which was later merged with the state of Uttar Pradesh. In the year 2000, Uttrakhand state earlier called Uttaranchal was created from the northwestern districts of the state of Uttar Pradesh under the Uttar Pradesh Reorganisation Act 2000. Dehradun was made its capital and the city has seen continuous development since the creation of Uttarakhand.
The climate of the place is humid and subtropical. Although the temperature in Dehradun can reach below freezing during severely cold weather. The highest temperature in the summer season can reach up to 44 degree Celsius and hot winds called Loo blows over North India and in the winter season, the temperatures are usually between 1 and 20 degrees Celsius and fog is quite common in winters. In the monsoon season, there is heavy and protracted rainfall. The climate of Dehradun is pleasant throughout the year.
Distance from Chandigarh to Dehradun
Traveling from Chandigarh to Dehradun by road is the most preferred way. This is because the road distance is about 163 km and most travelers cover this distance by bus which is one of the most effective and comfortable options.
You must keep 5 to 6 hours of the time if you decide to travel this way.
Chandigarh to Dehradun Route
A trip from Chandigarh to Dehradun by bus will bring forth some unreal mountain landscapes on your drive from Chandigarh to Dehradun-
Route 1- Chandigarh to Dehradun via Ambala to Jasmour to Saharanpur
The distance from Chandigarh to Dehradun on this route is 195 km and the time taken to cover this route is around 4 hours. This is the most common route taken to travel. NH7 and NH307 are the two major highways that connect on the route for a few distances.
Route 2- Chandigarh to Dehradun via Panchkula to Shahzadpur to Jagadhri to Saharanpur
The distance from Chandigarh to Dehradun by this route is 173 km and the time taken to travel by this route is about 4 hours. NH7 is a well-paved highway although, the roads are not up to the expectations in some parts of this route.
Route 3- Chandigarh to Dehradun via Panchkula to Naraingarh to Nahan to Paonta Sahib to Dehradun to Rishikesh
The distance from Chandigarh to Dehradun by this route is 187 km and the time taken to cover this distance is around 4 hours and 10 minutes. On this route, you will travel majorly in NH 72. After Panchkula, Kala Amb is the entry landmark into the state of Himachal Pradesh on this route and your exit at Paonta Sahib. Then the road till Dehradun is only one hour drive. Thir route is a combination of plain and hilly terrain which is a bit time-consuming but with a drive. Although, the road is in good shape throughout the drive.
Chandigarh to Dehradun Volvo Bus
Bus travel is one of the most convenient and economical ways to travel to Dehradun from Chandigarh. Chandigarh to Dehradun bus booking can be done within minutes from comfort and ease if your office or home. There is a number of buses that ply between Chandigrah and Haridwar from morning to evening at various intervals.
Once you reach Haridwar, you can hire direct cabs or take state transport to reach Dehradun which is 53 km from Haridwar. The road journey from Chandigarh to Dehradun by bus is quite adventurous where you some parts you travel the plains and the bus scales the mountains roads.
ISBT 43 Chandigarh to Dehradun Bus Timings
Haryana Roadways, UTC and CTU operate their buses from Chandigarh to Dehradun as per the schedule given below-
Departure time Route via Bus type
1. 07.30 hours Chandigarh 43 to Dehradun Kala Amb, Ponta Sahib Haryana Roadways
2. 07.55 hours Chandigarh 43 to Dehradun Kala Amb, Ponta Sahib CTU
3. 09.00 hours Chandigarh 43 to Dehradun Kala Amb, Ponta Sahib CTU
4. 10.00 hours Chandigarh 43 t0 Dehradun Kala Amb, Ponta Sahib CTU
5. 12.05 hours Chandigarh 43 to Dehradun Kala Amb, Ponta Sahib CTU
6. 13.00 hours Chandigarh 43 to Dehradun Kala Amb, Ponta Sahib Haryana Roadways
7. 15.20 hours Chandigarh to 43 Dehradun Kala Amb, Ponta Sahib UTC Bus
Chandigarh to Dehradun Bus Fare
Bus fare from Chandigarh to Dehradun is Rs 400* per person. (Approx)
Places to visit in Dehradun
Here we provide a list of must-visit places in Dehradun that will give you a memorable experience-
1. Sahastradhara- Sahastradhara is also known as “Thousand Fold Spring” and it is a beautiful place that is surrounded by the Baldi River and caves. This place is known for its high sulfur content and the spring water is said to have medical values in it. Apart from this, the lime content in the water of the spring has a high way to limestone outcrops and ridges.
It is one of the popular tourist spots in Dehradun and is situated about 14 km far from the city of Dehradun. During the monsoon season, the water thundering down the solid rocks and offers you a panoramic view. You also can take a ropeway to reach the top of the mountain for a bird’s eye view of the place. The area has widespread tranquility and peace with rich Himalayan vegetation. The water here has a fall of around 9 meters, you can also spot a plethora of brownish-orange elements in the surrounding caves.
2. Tiger Waterfalls- Tiger waterfalls are located in the beautiful forests of Chakarta, this place offers pristine views of Mother Nature. The waterfalls are located at the elevation of 315 m and this is one of the highest direct waterfalls that are located in India. Tiger waterfalls culminate into a beautiful pond that enables travelers to have quality time with their loved ones, family or friends. You can also go for a trek which is located near the waterfalls. Besides, you can also go canoeing, rafting and rappelling in the waters. There is an entry fee of Rs 50 per person to visit this place.
3. Tapkeshwar Temple- The Tapkeshwar Temple also known as the Tapkeshwar Mahadev Temple is located at a distance of around 7 km from the city of Dehradun. There is a humble cave that is dedicated to Lord Shiva and this revered temple is situated along the banks of the river which are parts of a unique sanctity.
It is believed that this cave was once the abode of the famous guru Droncharya hence this cave is also known as Drona Cave. There is a Shiva Linga that is enshrined in the main complex which is believed to grant the wishes of all those who seek the Lord’s blessings. Water trickles from the ceiling continuously on the Shiva linga that making it an interesting view to watch. There are also cool sulfur water springs here that are available for pilgrims to take a bath in before they enter the main complex of the temple.
The never-ending holy chants and ringing of bells make the whole aura and vibes extremely devotional. Tapkeshwar Temple is one of the most visited temples in the Dehradun. This temple is simple and charming in its appearance as it is one of the famous destinations near the city of Dehradun. This temple is also thronged by young tourists as a picnic spot. To reach the temple you have to take a short trek through the forest.
4. Pacific Mall- Pacific Mall is the biggest and most famous shopping mall that is located in Dehradun. This mall is known for shopping and entertainment and it also has thousands of brands and a number of food joints which means it is one of the best places for individual and group shoppers.
It is the first of its kind in Dehradun, pacific Mall is redefining the paradigm of shopping experience for shopaholics. The mall houses global and local brands about fashion, sports, beauty and electronics like Vero Moda, Adidas, Lifestyle, Kama Ayurveda and many more. In the mall, there is a food court where you can find eateries such as KFC, Moti Mahal, Pizza Hut and other restaurants and cafes.
There is also a PVR cinema hall where you can watch all the latest movies and can enjoy snacks. The funky Kingdom can be a great place for you if you are with children because there are games such as bumper cars, thrilling movies, rides and many more. There are other events and performances organized at Pacific Mall and there is a Black Friday sale sometime around November and December.