How to reach Kasol?
There is no direct public bus available from Chandigarh to Kasol but there is a number of private bus services that operate on this route. In case you want to travel by public bus services then you have an option that you can take a public service bus from Chandigarh to Bhuntar and then take a local HRTC bus from Bhuntar to Kasol. If you want to travel by public service bus then you can also take a cab from Bhuntar to Kasol.
ISBT 43 Chandigarh to Kasol distance
The straight line distance from Chandigarh to Kasol is about 150 km and the miles based from Chandigarh to Kasol is about 94 miles. This is a straight line distance so the actual travel distance from Chandigarh to Kasol may be higher or vary because of the curvature of the road as the driving distance from Chandigarh to Kasol is about 292 km. If you drive at a consistent speed of 50 km per hour then you will reach Kasol from Chandigarh in 7-8 hours. But your travel time may vary due to your bus speed and weather conditions.
ISBT 43 Chandigarh to Bhuntar Public Service Bus Timings
The first bus from Chandigarh to Bhuntar leaves at 03.00 which is a HRTC bus and the last bus from Chandigarh to Bhuntar leaves at 16.30 which is also a HRTC bus. These buses take 6 to 7 hours to reach Bhuntar from Chandigarh. The price for a Chandigarh to Bhuntar bus ticket is Rs 770.
Sr.No Departure time Bus type Route Duration
- 03.00 HRTC Himsuta AC Chandigarh to Bhuntar 6 hours 3 minutes
- 06.30 HRTC Himsuta AC Chandigarh to Bhuntar 8 hours 35 minutes
- 15.10 HRTC Himsuta AC Chandigarh to Bhuntar 6 hours 3 minutes
- 16.30 HRTC Himsuta AC Chandigarh to Bhuntar 9 hours 30 minutes
- 14.45 HRTC Ordinary Chandigarh to Bhuntar 8 hours
- 13.10 HRTC Ordinary Chandigarh to Bhuntar 6 hours 55 minutes
Buses from Bhuntar to Kasol and fare
Here we provide the list of bus timings from Bhuntar to Kasol. The first bus starting at 6.00 hrs and the last bus at 18.25 hrs from Bhuntar to Kasol. The bus fare from Bhuntar to Kasol is Rs 450.
Sr. No Route Departure time Arrival Time
- Bhuntar to Kasol 6 am 7.40 am
- Bhuntar to Kasol 6.30 am 7.50 am
- Bhuntar to Kasol 7.10 am 8.50 am
- Bhuntar to Kasol 7.40 am 9.25 am
- Bhuntar to Kasol 8 am 9.40 am
- Bhuntar to Kasol 8.24 am 10 am
- Bhuntar to Kasol 8.36 am 10.10 am
- Bhuntar to Kasol 8.48 am 10.25 am
- Bhuntar to Kasol 9 am 10.40 am
- Bhuntar to Kasol 9.24 am 11 am
- Bhuntar to Kasol 9.36 am 11.10 am
- Bhunatr to Kasol 9.48 am 11.20 am
- Bhuntar to Kasol 10 am 11.35 am
- Bhunatr to Kasol 10.30 am 12.05 am
- Bhuntar to Kasol 11 am 12.15 am
- Bhuntar to Kasol 11.12 am 12.40 am
- Bhuntar to Kasol 11.24 am 1 pm
- Bhuntar to Kasol 12 pm 1.30 pm
- Bhuntar to Kasol 12.10 pm 2 pm
- Bhuntar to Kasol 1.30 pm 3 pm
- Bhuntar to Kasol 2 pm 3.40 pm
- Bhuntar to Kasol 2.10 pm 4 pm
- Bhuntar to Kasol 3 pm 4.35 pm
- Bhuntar to Kasol 3.10 pm 5 pm
- Bhuntar to Kasol 3.45 pm 5.15 pm
- Bhuntar to Kasol 4 pm 5.30 pm
- Bhuntar to Kasol 4.10 pm 5.40 pm
- Bhuntar to Kasol 4.15 pm 5.50 pm
- Bhuntar to Kasol 4.30 pm 5.55 pm
- Bhuntar to Kasol 4.36 pm 6.10 pm
- Bhuntar to Kasol 5 pm 6.28 pm
- Bhuntar to Kasol 5.20 pm 6.50 pm
- Bhuntar to Kasol 5.30 pm 6.40 pm
- Bhuntar to Kasol 6 pm 7.40 pm
- Bhuntar to Kasol 6.25 pm 7.45 pm
ISBT 43 Chandigarh to Kasol Volvo Bus and Other Bus Timings and fare
Sr. No Bus operator Bus type Departure time Arrival Time Fare
- Laxmi Holidays Volvo AC Semi Sleeper (2+2) 23.45 07.45 Rs 700
- Holiday Appeal Volvo AC Semi Sleeper (2+2) 00.50 o8.20 Rs 899
- Northern Travels Volvo AC Semi Sleeper (2+2) 23.55 08.30 Rs 1799
- Laxmi Holidays Volvo AC Semi Sleeper (2+2) 23.00 07.05 Rs 999
- Zingbus Volvo AC Seater (2+2) 23.45 07.15 Rs 750
- PAL Travel Lines Volvo AC Semi Sleeper (2+2) 02.15 10.30 Rs 1100
- PAL Travel Lines Volvo AC Semi Sleeper (2+2) 23.55 08.30 Rs 999
- Holiday Appeal Pvt.Ltd Volvo AC Semi Sleeper (2+2) 00.30 08.30 Rs 899
- Zingbus Bharat Benz AC Semi Sleeper (2+2) 00.30 08.15 Rs 699
- PAL Travel Lines Bharat Benz AC Semi Sleeper (2+2) 23.59 08.00 Rs 999
Places to visit in Kasol
Kasol is a place that offers visitors vast green valleys, soothing weather, hot water springs and seasonal snowfall. If you want a lifelong lingering memory of a well -spent vacation then there are a number of places to visit that are located nearby Kasol that offer you a blend of adventure and allurement. There is a number of places and things to do in Kasol and we are giving you a list of top places to visit in Kasol.
Parvati River Kasol
Parvati River is emerging from the ManTalai Glacier and this river is one of the main attractions in Kasol. This beautiful river is located at a distance of 3 km from Kasol. The meandering water of Parvati River flows north through Parvati Valley cascading into River Beas near Kullu. This place is also perfect for adventure activities and the serenity of this river makes it a must- visit place in Kasol.
You must enjoy a day in the lap of nature while enjoying the spectacular view around and a delicious cooked meal on the banks of the Parvati River. I advise you that you should be careful when you are in the river and avoid wading in the river as it is dangerous.
Kasol Adventure Camp
Kasol offers you a wide range of camping options from luxurious camps to affordable ones. Parvati River flowing across the village which makes the camping in Kasol more special. There are other fun activities that you can be enjoying while camping in Kasol such as fishing, trekking, bonfire and mountaineering. If you want to then your cab also trek and camp in Kheerganga.
Malana is quite an ancient and is a pristine village that is located on the side of Parvati Valley. This ancient village is located about 22 km from Kasol. If you desire a vacation in a solitary village then visiting this village is worth it. Malana village is surrounded by the Deo Tibba and Chanderkhani mountains. But visiting Malana village might be a challenge for you but when you reach here then you realize that it is worth visiting.
Apart from its natural beauty, this village is famous for the unique lifestyle and social structure that the locals follow here. Malan is situated at a height of 2652 meters above sea level. The language that is spoken in this village is Kanashi. Malana has the world’s oldest democracy with a well -established parliamentary system. This village is believed to have held immense respect during the pre- Aryan times.
Kheer Ganga Peak is one of the best places to visit in Kasol. This mountain peak has the panoramic beauty of the lush green hills and clear skies. Kheer Ganga Peak lies at the acute finish of the Parvati Valley that transfixing you with the bluer skies and the hills are greener than usual. Kheer Ganga trek is among the easiest treks in Kasol.
If you are in Kasol then you should not miss the chance to visit this spectacular peak. This place is additionally known as the land of Lord Shiva as Kheer Ganga has mythological beliefs weaved around it that you will be able to listen whereas your visit to Lord Shiva Temple that is situated at this peak.
To reach Kheer Ganga Peak you have to take a bus from Bhuntar to Barsheni and the last bus leaves at 5 pm from Bhuntar to Barsheni or you can hire a private cab to reach Barsheni. You can start your trek to Kheerganga from Barsheni or Tosh.
Tosh Village is located at an altitude of 2400m above sea level. This is a small village that is located on the edge of Parvati valley and the banks of River Tosh. Tosh is an offbeat destination in Kasol and this small village attracts a number of tourists from across the country.
The trek to Tosh Village starts from the bottom of Kheerganga and the route in the valley is the most scenic as you walk along with the Rivulet Tosh. In the winter season the beauty of village Tosh is at its best as the snow on the trail. The spectacular great thing about this village is incommensurable which is why the trek to Tosh could be a should- visit place in Kasol a minimum of once in your period.
Pulga Village can be your ideal place to visit if you are a backpacker who is interested in exploring some offbeat destinations. This village is located about 16 km from Kasol and Pulga Village has a number of tea gardens of the Himalayan side that is blessed with peace and tranquility to entice.
beautiful village is situated at a height of 2895 above sea level and has astounding temples that you must visit while you are in Kasol. You can enjoy a day out in between the natural beauty that is undisturbed from the hustle and bustle of this digital world. Pulga Village is located at a distance of 16 km from Kasol and it is a blissful 2 hours ride from Kasol to reach Pulga Village. Once you reach Buntar then from here you can reach Pulga from Katgala. And the next thing you can do here after reaching is nothing just sit and admire the beauty of the place.