Himachal is known for its journey treks and bike rides but it is also famous for its Paragliding expertise. Bir Billing is one of the popular paragliding sites in India and it is the second-highest paragliding site in the whole world. If you are planning a trip to a place where you can enjoy paragliding then Bir Billing can be a perfect destination for you. This article gives you some important information that might help you in planning a trip.
Are You Planning to Add Some Adventure In Your Bir Billing Trip & Want’s to Enjoy the Paragliding In Bir HImachal Pradesh?
I do, Provide you some of the Best Offers for Paragliding In Bir?
Connect On WhatsApp:- Paragliding In Bir Billing
Why is Bir Billing popular among tourists?
Paragliding is one of the foremost notable journey sports. There is a number of sites in India and around the world that are known for this adventure activity. However, Bir Billing stands out among them due to the peak of the place and period of the paragliding flight. The paragliding flight takes off at Bir is concerning 3200 meters on top of the water and this start-up purpose is sort of high as compared with alternative paragliding sites.
And the second thing that makes the paragliding experience different at Bir Billing is that the average flight time at this site is about 25 to 30 minutes which is again above the average standards offered by other paragliding sites. If you have done paragliding on other sites then you can experience that there is no match for paragliding in Bir Billing when you compared it to the rest of the paragliding sites in India.
Where is Bir Billing?
Bir is the name of a village that is located in Baijnath town in Kangra district of Himachal Pradesh. Kangra is one of the famous valleys in Himachal Pradesh. Bir village is about 550 km from the national capital Delhi. The paragliding site here is divided into 2 parts that are Bir and Billing, Bir is the landing site and Billing is the takeoff point.
Why should your go for paragliding in Bir Billing?
Bir Billing is a famous site for paragliding because this is the place that hosted the first-ever World Cup of Paragliding in the world. The peak of the Bir request alongside the climate area unit is the foremost appropriate for any air bore soaring sport. Here we give you the top reasons that why should you go for paragliding-
Best takeoff and landing sites Bir Billing
To take off in the paragliding adventure your need smooth winds and the take-off site that is Billing has incredibly favorable and smooth winds for an easy and perfect take-off. Landing in paragliding requires an area with minimum threats of accidents and maximum possibilities for required and quick help and the landing site that is Bir have all such facilities.
Favorable Air Currents Bir Billing
Bir Billing is a paragliding site that is blessed with the best climatic conditions. Bir Billing is the place with 6 to 12 meters per second of thermals in May -June, a flyer gets the perfect lift to fly up to 5000 meters. Even in the spring season, it gets thermals of 4 to 8 meters per second. Bir Billing gets a mean thermal of 5 meters per second and there is a little question that Bir Billing is one amongst the most effective paragliding sites within the whole world.
Perfect cloud base Bir Billing
Best time for Paragliding in Bir Billing
The best time for paragliding in Bir Billing is from March to May and October to November due to better thermal conditions. The summer season is the best time to visit Bir Billing for paragliding with your friends and family.
Paragliding in Bir billing Price
|Short Paragliding Flight||15-20 Minutes||INR 2000/- Approx.|
|Long Paragliding Flight||20-30 Minutes||INR 3000/- Approx|
Best paragliding operators at Bir Billing
Bir Billing is a place with appropriate conditions for paragliding and this place has spread out the area for a wide selection of opportunities. There is a number of types of paragliding are practiced in Bir Billing that offered and enjoyed by the locals, travelers and adventure lovers. From solo to tandem paraglides to hand gliders and parasailers are also available here.
These operators also run a number of courses and they provide exclusive training that spans over months. There are some famous operators which run paragliding are Travel Bir Billing, Bir Billing.com and Bir Billing Paragliding.
How safe is Bir Billing for paragliding?
Bir Billing is adventurous beyond your imagination in terms of paragliding. But it can be quite dangerous sometimes if things go haywire. Safety in paragliding depends on weather, landing and takeoff sites and intensely experienced pilots make sure that paragliding in Bir Billing is met with all safety and convenience standards. Here we are giving you some main points that you must take care of-
- You should be mentally prepared and stay calm.
- Do not be overwhelmingly excited.
- You should not attempt a flight if you have not learned it. You should go tandem flights in that case.
- You must follow all safety instructions properly and especially the ones that are instructed by your pilot.
- You should not overeat or drink before your flight.
- You should wear light clothes.
- In paragliding, there is no age limit as such but kids below 18 are not allowed to fly without parents.
- You must be within the burden limit of 120 kg.
What is paragliding?
If you are familiar with the word gliding then paragliding is just about adding wings to your jump. Paragliding is also a glide that uses an inflated wing of an aerofoil shape like any other pair of wings. Paragliders use highly portable aircraft that are folding and can be carried in a rucksack.
Paragliding is one of the convenient and cheapest flying styles and it depends on the pressure difference that is created by the air currents to stay you aloft. A flier in the paragliding takes to the air from the top of the hill and a winch is employed to tow a flier into the air as sailplanes do. The flight in paragliding is extremely controlled, adventurous and safe that you have to follow all the safety guidelines.
Things to do in Bir Billing
Bir Billing is a place with a complete package of adventure and unwinding sojourns. Bir Billing has a number of treks to climb and hike, monasteries and temples to see and places to explore. Here is a list of things that you can do and places you can visit in Bir Billing-
1. Trek to Raj Gundha village. On this trek, you can see semi- tribal living of the locals or villagers.
2. You can also go for a Hanumangarh day hike to the top of the valley that is located at the height of 11500 feet above sea level.
3. You can enjoy adventurous mountain biking.
4. You can explore Palpung Sherabling Monastery, Baijanth.
5. You can visit Mukut Nath Temple at Sansal that is located at a distance of 8 km from Bir and you can see the first planted Tulsi at this place.
6. You must visit Baijnath Temple that was built in the 9th century and is located at a distance of 12 km from Bir.
7. You can explore the Tatani hot water spring that is located at a distance of 28 km of drive and 6 km of a trek from Bir.
8. You can also go for the Tribal Bara Bhangal valley trek that takes up to 8 days to reach Chamba valley from Bir.
9. You can also enjoy trout fishing, trekking and a leisure stay at Barot Valley.
10. You must visit Palampur to see the tea estates gardens that are located at a distance of 29 km from Bir.
Where to stay in Bir Billing?
If you are planning a visit to Bir Billing then you do not have to worry about your stay in Bir Billing as most of the times paragliding operators arrange for the stay. Although if you are going on your own then we are giving your a list of some good options to stay in and around Bir Billing-
- Bhawani Guest House- This guest house offers you 9 comfortable rooms with attached washrooms that cost you around Rs 300 to 700 for double rooms.
Contact Number- 1894268025, 98574- 60215, 94180- 15525
Email address- firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chokling Guest House- Chokling Guest House is located near Chokling Monastery this place offers you 16 rooms with attached washrooms and solar-heated showers which costs you around Rs 500.
Contact Number- 8894232589, 88941- 12325
- Colonel’s Resort- Colonel’s Resort is a spacious, well-maintained resort that offers rooms and cottages with built- in fireplace to rent that costs you around Rs 1250.
- Dharmalaya Institute- Dharmalaya Institute is a family homestay with private rooms and long- terms rentals.
How to reach Bir Billing?
You can reach Bir Billing by bus and by train
By Bus- Baijnath is the nearest bus stand and this bus stand is 12 km away from Bir. There is also a number of buses available from Delhi and Chandigarh to Baijnath.
By Train- Pathankot is the nearest railway station and this railway station is 100 km away from Bir. There are regular trains from Delhi and other major cities of the country.
Routes to Bir Billing
- Chandigarh- Una – Jawalaji- Kangra- Palampur- Bir- Billing . The distance of this route is about 310 km.
- Chandigarh- Bilaspur- Mandi- Jogindernargar- Bir- Billing. The distance of this route is about 275 km.
- Manali- Mandi- Jogindernagar- Bir- Billing, The distance of this route is about 180 km.
- Dharamshala- Palampur- Bir- Billing. The distance of this route is about 70 km.
- Pathankot- Palampur- Bir- Billing. The distance of this route is about 140 km.