Hey! Wondering? How to reach Kedarnath from Delhi,
Well, First of all, welcome to our blog for the next few minutes we will be providing you enough details about the journey from Delhi to Kedarnath Distance Route: Bus, Train, Flight, Ticket Price. We aim to give you detailed information (which is based on our own experiences) so that you can plan your journey on your own.
Have you ever wondered about the place especially after watching the movie “Kedarnath” and the stunning acting of Sushant Singh Rajput? Reaching Kedarnath is not such a difficult task if you are an adventure junkie?
You are just going to love the journey, the place, and the awestruck feeling of witnessing such a beauty associated with the temple and the place and with the fact that Lord Shiva the destroyer is seated in the temple. The altitude of the place is 3584 meters above sea level. The pristine town in Uttarakhand, guarded by mighty peaks of the Great Himalayas. The beauty of the place is just the feast to your eyes.
Delhi to Kedarnath Trip
Why the Kedarnath temple is famous?
Kedarnath, one of the four sacred Char Dhams– the other being Badrinath, Gangotri, and Yamunotri. According to religious scriptures as a legend goes by that the Pandavas from Mahabharata did the Char Dham Yatra (journey) to wash away their sins committed by them during the epic war of Kurukshetra.
What is special about the Kedarnath temple?
As we already know Shiva is associated with both the aspects of the destroyer and purifier. Apart from the strong religious significance of the place, Kedarnath in the Gharwal region also features unmatched natural beauty.
It creates a whole new world altogether once you reach there almost the same as BhoothNath temple Mandi Himachal Pradesh.
It has been said that India is the land of beliefs, miracles, and Gods! It (Kedarnath) is one of the domineering places of religious importance in the country.
Well, even if we keep salvation and religious aspect aside for some time, the mesmerizing beauty of the place is worth watching. Located in Uttarakhand, safeguarded by the Himalayan Mountains providing the spectators with enchanting beauty it exudes charismatic appeal.
The rivers flowing from this magical city, the scattered beauty of mountains, and the picturesque landscape are calling you for trekking. Don’t forget about the ancient Kedarnath temple evoking a sense of peace and serenity. The picturesque surroundings, quaint town with the unique cultural attraction- this place has something for everybody.
If you are keen to travel Kedarnath either for religious offerings or just for exploring the mighty plus miraculous land you would love to explore it via train. Wondering how? Allow me to guide you.
How to Reach Delhi to Kedarnath
Well, of course, the three ways are via train, bus or air.
New Delhi to Kedarnath By Road
There are multiple options if you are planning your trip to Kedarnath by road it’s easily affordable and multiple tourist companies avail the cab services to the Kedarnath with reasonable cost including meals, activities, stay, and transport.
The condition of roads between Delhi to Kedarnath is great because it is wide enough to ride easily. There are proper signboards to give you the exact idea of direction. There are shops which are open 24 hours since there are major cities in between the route. Visitors may easily find the places to dine and stay.
But there is one thing to keep in mind when it comes to Kedarnath that Gaurikund is the last motorable road from Kedarnath. From there you have the only option to trek through the beautiful Himalayan Valleys all leading you to the Kedarnath Temple.
Is there any direct bus from Delhi to Kedarnath?
I would like to inform you that there are two major interstate bus depots that, on regular basis, run bus services from Delhi to Dehradun. These are ‘Kashmere Gate Bus Terminal’ and ‘Anand Vihar Bus Terminal’. Once you arrive at Dehradun you can take a bus to Gaurikund and then trek to Kedarnath. You have the option to choose from AC sleepers, non-AC sleepers, Volvo is one of the best bus services whether it be AC sleeper or semi-sleeper options.
How can I go from Delhi to Kedarnath by car?
As informed earlier you can also hire a cab from Dehradun if you want to enjoy the rest of the journey at your own will and desire as it comes to stop by a picturesque landscape and capturing the views in your brain and phone memory. Cabs ply between the route from Dehradun to Kedarnath and the fare may vary depending upon the size and seating capacity of the vehicle.
From Delhi to Kedarnath it might take around 15, 14, and 13 hours if you take the route to Kedarnath via NH 334: NH 107, NH 34: NH534:NH7, and NH334: NH34: NH7 respectively. The distance is 490km, 460 km, and 451 km respectively.
NOTE: The town is also well connected to Dehradun and Haridwar by bus. The distance from New Delhi to Kedarnath via bus is around 260 km. (we are going to discuss it in detail in the TRAIN section)
New Delhi to Kedarnath By Train
First of all, I would like to answer your unasked question that is there any direct train to Kedarnath from Delhi.
The answer is NO. Sorry to disappoint you but you need not worry we have got your back we will be assisting you to plan the journey hassle-free through this article.
As you are aware of the fact now that there is no direct train route to Kedarnath but the last stop via train is Dehradun from there you can take a bus to Gaurikund or Haridwar and from there to Kedarnath. Taking the bus is not the only option you can go for the cab too. To be honest, traveling to Kedarnath is worth the time when you discover the enchanting, charismatic, and scenic beauty of the place and the route. So that you can capture all the mesmerizing beauty in your camera and enjoy the moments.
As we have discussed earlier there is no direct train to the place but still, you have got the option to travel to the last stop via train and then take the bus or cab route, right? Also, If you like to have a Toy Tarin Journey then better check Delhi to Shimla by Train.
How can I go to Kedarnath from Delhi by train?
Well, there are two ways either you take a train from Delhi to Dehradun or Rishikesh or Haridwar and from there you need to take the bus route to Kedarnath. And I have discussed the bus route in quite detail so have a look at that again.
Delhi to Kedarnath train Routes
Delhi to Dehradun, you have five options:
- 12205 New Delhi Dehradun AC Express
- 12055 Dehradun Janshatabdi
- 12017 Dehradun Shatabdi
- 19565 Uttaranchal Express
- Hazrat Nizamuddin Delhi
Delhi to Rishikesh, You have two options:
- ‘Mussoorie Express Festival Special which takes around 10 hrs. And 20 minutes.
- Dera Baba Nanak Sultanpur Lodhi Prakash Parv Special which takes around 11 hrs. And 36 minutes.
Delhi to Haridwar, You have two options:
- Nanda Devi COVID-19 AC Special which takes around 4 hrs.
- Mussoorie Express Festival Special which takes around 8 hrs.
New Delhi to Kedarnath By Flight
Almost all the major airlines of India provide flight services to the Jolly Grant Airport. and when once you are in Dehradun you can either hire a cab or take a bus to Kedarnath (as discussed above). And there are regular flights to the place.
But the Jolly Grant Airport is the nearest airport to Kedarnath. It takes more than 11 hrs. To reach there via air.
You will be delighted to know that you can also book a helicopter package for Kedarnath from Delhi. Several companies are operating in Delhi for this particular service. It takes more than 4 hrs. To reach there.
DELHI To KEDARNATH ROUTE
Let me just explain to you, The Fastest route Between Delhi to Kedarnath Temple, It’s the shortest Route with almost 450km which covers some of the best places to visit in India along with your Kedranth Journey.
- HARIDWAR: On the beautiful journey from Delhi to Kedarnath, you will be encountered with another religious plus sublime city known as Haridwar. If we look at the meaning of the direct translation of the term it would be the Gate to the Land of the Lords. I am sure you will be well aware of the world-famous KUMBHA MELA which is conducted every 12 years here. Even if you set this fact aside the place still has to offer some good spots to visit, experience, and cherish the heritage and grandeur of the sacred temples that Haridwar flaunts with pride. The great river Ganges (Ganga) flows through this city to allow the people to wash away the sins, heal ailments and purify the soul. You are going to love the daily morning view of devotees worshipping the Ganges and the evening decorated with the lighted Diyas (earthen lamps) expressing mesmerizing beauty of the place.
- GUPTAKASHI: The journey will also take you to the admirable city of Guptakashi. The route offers many mesmerizing views of the thundering Ganges and also the confluence Alaknanda, and Bhagirathi at Devprayag. SRINAGAR: Do pay a visit to Srinagar if you get a chance and enjoy local delicacies while admiring the beautiful place full of views of snowy hills.
- ARDHANARESHWARA: pay a visit if time permits to seek blessings of Lord Shiva at the temple.
- RUDRAPRAYAG: it is a small yet alluring town. The place holds the captivating greenery to soothe your soul.
- GAURIKUND: yes, of course, the place holds religious value. It has been said about this place that Gauri-Lady of Lord Shiva used to take bath here.
- DANGER: I would advise you not to travel to Kedarnath in the month of monsoon not that the roads are not suitable but for the heavy rainfall which might be dangerous to ignore or avoid.
- Note: the place is closed in December due to heavy rainfall.
What is the best time to visit Kedarnath?
Since you are well aware of the climate here which is extremely cold most of the year the best time would be from May to June and September to October to visit this awesome place which is entirely covered in snow except for May to June.
Things To Carry for the Kedarnath trek
- Personal warm clothing- as you know the place is really cold and you will need them the most.
- Comfortable shoes- as you are also well aware of the fact that you will have to do the trekking to reach there. So, don’t forget to pack some really good and comfortable pair of shoes.
- Personal medication- before traveling to such a place at a higher altitude you are advised to take your medicines with yourself if you are suffering from any ailment.
- Raincoat/ Umbrella- the place often witnesses the rain so I would highly recommend you to keep it with you.
- Valid ID Proof- yeah, I guess need to remind it any further but still I am just doing the job
- The place requires the pre biometric Char Dham registration to visit the religious centers. And it can easily be acquired by following a simple procedure.
- Please keep the place clean and do not litter.
So, this is all. Good luck with the journey and hope the article helps to plan a great journey for you guys keep visiting the site for more information.